The shimmering water and the splashing fun is an intriguing and exciting environment for babies and toddlers to investigate more closely. Taking the necessary precautions can save many lives, such as taking basic swimming lessons, closer supervision of children, and wearing life-jackets.
Pool barriers are regulated at the state and local level, but there are no standard requirements. However, depending on where you live, insurance companies may require it.
According to the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, drowning is among the top causes of accidental death, accounting for 7% of all injury-related deaths. Swimming pools are the most common areas where children under age 5 drown. For people with pools without some form of barrier to keep young children safe, is one of the top factors linked to toddler drownings.
When a baby pool fence is erected to help guard your pool and to help prevent toddler drownings, there are recommendations to be considered, which includes the following:
- pool fence should be 4 ft. tall or higher so that children can’t climb over it, which includes the exclusion of any handholds or footholds.
- a pool fence gate should open outwardly away from the pool area.
- pool fence should completely enclose the entire pool area.
- pool fence should be self-closing and self-latching.
- the material can be made from a variety of materials, including the popular aluminum fence
Pool fence standards are governed by the international American Society for Testing and Materials (“ASTM”) organization. ASTM is the global standard by which products are used around the world to improve product quality, enhance health and safety, strengthen market access and trade, and build consumer confidence. Pool fence manufacturers should carry the ASTM International safety standards.
Pool owners are not stuck with the original color of black. Coloring is now a customized feature, with colors that consists of brown, beige, green, grey, bronze, and other special order colors.
The summer months can lead to long and frustrating schedule dates. Logically, it is the height of all fence companys’ season. A good quality company will have a waiting list, sometimes 1-2 weeks booked for the estimate alone. If they do not, it’s smart to question why. Good things come to those who wait is advice that has held true for years. Avoid scheduling frustrations by planning ahead on your fence, railing, or dog run.
At Anchor Fence, a longer wait for an installation in the height of summer is not unusual. There are only a select amount of individuals that are talented enough to install residential and commercial fences and railing for Anchor Fence. In line with the company’s philosophy, our workers take pride in their work, and do not rush or cut corners. This philosophy produces beautiful fences and railings; however, it means we take time to do our installing and do not skim over details, which can be a lengthy process. By planning ahead for summer cook-outs, a new dog or pet, a new pool, or backyard parties, you will avoid scheduling woes.
If a pool is in your future, most city building codes require a fence around the pool. The earlier planning is done, the less painful the experience will be. It is not unusual for Anchor Fence to take preliminary measurements of a yard that will host a pool in the future. This way, site information and other details are on-hand ahead of time.
If you are planning on buying or building a new home, it is also wise to plan well in advanced for a fence or railing. It is not a problem for an estimator from Anchor Fence to meet at the future site well before you are moved in.
Whatever your future plans include, do yourself a favor, and plan ahead on upcoming fence and railing projects. Schedule your estimate in advance, and ask to have an estimate appointment. It will help to progress your summer fence or deck plans at the pace that you want. Anchor Fence Company showroom displays panels of vinyl and aluminum fence and railing, and is located at 26345 Plymouth Rd. An appointment with one of our representatives at Anchor Fence to come to your home may be made by calling 313-937-0101. If the Internet is more convenient, the Company’s Web Site showcases numerous photos of previous work; it can be found at http://www.AnchorFenceOnline.com. If you have approximate measurements of your yard, you can also get a free emailed online quote.
1. Privacy. It can be hard to enjoy dinner on the patio or a dip in your pool if everyone on the street and your neighbors have a clear view of your backyard. A six-foot-tall privacy fence can help create a peaceful get-away in nearly any neighborhood.
Wooden privacy fence in a backyard.
2. Containment. A fence can help provide a safe environment for children and pets, keeping them in the yard where you can keep an eye on them and preventing entry from unwanted strangers or animals.
Thanks to this 6 ft tall CertaGrain Vinyl fence in Brazilian Blend color, this family has no worries about their child or dog getting out of their backyard and unwanted people or animals coming in.
3. Security. A good fence can help protect your family – and your possessions – from those who would enter your yard for the wrong reasons. If you have a swimming pool or playground equipment, a fence can prevent trespassers from putting themselves in danger and getting into a lawsuit. It is illegal to have a pool, above ground or otherwise, without having a fence around it.
Pool enclosed with CertaGrain Vinyl in Sierra Blend color.
4. Noise reduction. If your house is near a busy street, you may find yourself screaming to be heard over the traffic noise. A 6-foot-high solid wood or vinyl fence can knock 6 to 10 decibels off traffic and other ambient noise. Bufftech vinyl is among a handful of products that have traditionally been used to reduce sound along mass transit rail lines and highways and it’s the only vinyl material Anchor Fence installs. It’s now available for residential use and reports show noise levels are reduced by 60 percent to 85 percent, depending on fence height, elevations and noise frequencies. CertaGrain varieties are thicker and are a better sound barrier.
Chesterfield CertaGrain in Timber Blend, vinyl fence in CertaGrain are thicker material than normal vinyl fence which creates a better sound barrier.
5. Design element. An attractive, well-constructed fence can add to your home’s overall appeal. A 4 foot-high fence, such as a picket fence, can both define your property boundary and attract the eye through thoughtful landscaping.
Bronze Aluminum Fence with decorative circles.